To all the brave women who have gone before, thank you. I am especially grateful for the following:
- ensuring my access to education
- giving me a voice – and a vote!
- allowing me to be anything I want to when I grow up
- giving me the freedom to marry or not – it is choice of love and lifestyle not one of financial dependence
- inspiring me to have it all – carer, love, family, adventure (completely my fault if I can’t balance it that well!)
I can’t begin to express the impact you have had on my life. I hope the men and women of my generation and the one behind can continue the fight for advancement of women in the developing world so that they can enjoy the freedoms we often take for granted in the west.